Have a question about University Village apartments? Search for an answer among the following FAQs.
- Can additional furniture be brought into the apartment?
- There is plenty of room for extra furniture! You may bring additional furniture into the apartments, however, you may not take any of the provided furniture out. You may also want to bring patio furniture so you can enjoy your great outdoor space!
- Can I pay my bill with a credit card? Is there an extra charge?
We do not have a credit card terminal in our office, however, you can pay with Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or e-check online by going to the resident only section of our website. There are third party convenience fees associated with paying online. You may always pay in the office with check or money order for no additional fees. Sorry- we do not accept cash!
- Can I request an apartment or roommates?
- You may request roommates or apartments. These requests can be filled based on availability and lease sign date.
- Can I use my financial aid?
- You certainly can! While we are not directly connected to the UNCG cashier's office, you may use your refund check to pay for your off-campus housing.
- Do I have to have a meal plan?
- Since you have your very own kitchen within your apartment, we do not require a meal plan.
- How do our rates compare to on-campus housing rates?
- When comparing our rates to on-campus rates you must take into consideration many variables, including floor plan layout, square footage, furniture, utilities, and community amenities. Our leasing staff is available to discuss with you how our rates compare to other housing options and validate that our community offers you the best value for your money, as well as a great location and incredible amenities.
- How many people live there?
- University Village has 600 beds.
- How are roommates matched?
- We have partnered with RoomSync to provide a modern matching platform where residents choose their own roommates. After you complete the leasing process you will be emailed a link to join our RoomSync network. You will then log in to RoomSync using Facebook, create a matching profile, and begin your search to find your new best friend - or roommate for starters. If you already have a roommate in mind, you can confirm your roommate request within RoomSync.
- How are rooms assigned?
- Residents who already have preferred roommates can confirm their roommate match requests using RoomSync, our roommate matching platform. If they do not already have a roommate, residents will search for and choose their own roommate using RoomSync. Residents will be able to communicate with each other during and after the selection process. In the event that potential roommates discover that they are no longer compatible, they can request a different roommate and we will do our best to accommodate any change request. To provide sufficient time and the greatest opportunity for residents to find the perfect roommate, they should apply and sign a lease as early as possible.
- If I am over, 21 do I need a guarantor?
Yes. All leases are required to have a guarantor. If an approved guarantor cannot be obtained, EdR Management, Inc. will accept a security deposit of two (2) month's rent.
- If I pay in full, do I get a discount?
- Currently there is no discount for our different payment plans.
- Is parking available?
- Parking is for University Village residents only. Each resident who wishes to park their car here must fill out a parking agreement and contract and abide by all policies. Parking passes for residents will be handed out at move in. A limited number of visitor passes will be available per day on a first come first served basis.
- What types of leases are available?
Our Fall 2016 lease begins August 15, 2016 through July 31, 2017 so our lease is almost 12 months. If availability exists we can get you in after August 15th and your lease would run through July 31, 2017. Please contact the business and leasing office at 336.275.2767 to check for availability. We look forward to speaking with you!
- What types of apartments/rooms are available?
- We have 4 bedroom/4 bathroom, 3 bedroom/3 bathroom, and 2 bedroom/2 bathroom. All of our apartments are fully furnished, come with a full-size washer and dryer, a full modern kitchen, and have lots of square footage to meet your needs! Please visit our leasing office for details or call 336.275.2767!
- How close to campus are you?
We are about one block from campus. It is an easy 5 minute stroll to campus by Walker Avenue or Cobb Street.
- What do I need to hook up my computer to the internet?
All you need to do is provide the computer and the cords. We have taken care of the rest! Each bedroom is equipped with Time Warner Cable Roadrunner Internet.
- What if I need to cancel my lease?
- We do not have a buyout clause within our lease agreement. We do offer a lease reassignment option in which you can find someone to take over the remainder of your lease. There is a $200 reassignment fee applied.
- What is the cost?
Fall 2016 pricing: The 4 bedroom/ 4 bathroom is $560* per person. The 3 bedroom/ 3 bathroom is $600* per person. The 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom is $660* per person. There is a $25 application fee and a one time service fee of $25 due when you sign your lease. Please call the office to see what specials we are running! *Prices subject to change.
- What size are the beds?
- Our beds are full XL.
- What utilities are included in my rent?
- Our all-inclusive utility package includes: Cable & Internet, Electricity with No Utility Cap, Water, Sewer, and Door-to-Door Trash Pick Up. **We offer Time Warner Standard Cable with HBO and Showtime in each bedroom and living room area, and Internet in all bedrooms.
- When can I move in?
- Our move-in date this year is Monday, August 15, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. However, we may be able to offer an early move-in date which will be announced at a later date. If you are interested in moving in early, please complete the early move-in form and return it with your $150 early move in fee* to the University Village Business Office at 1713 Walker Ave. Greensboro, NC 27403. We must receive this form and payment by July 1, 2014 in order to accommodate your early move-in request. Please know we will only be able to house a limited number of early move-in residents and they will be granted on a first come first serve basis. *If classes at your school begin prior to August 15, 2015, official enrollment documentation will be required in order to waive the $150 early move-in fee. The fee may be waived for sports requirements with manager approval and proper documentation that indicates early move-in is necessary. You will need to mail the early move-in form and documentation if applicable back to us. Please call the business office for details or with any questions you have about early move-in.**Subject to Availability and Manager Approval
- When do I put down a deposit?
- We do not require a security deposit. In exchange, we ask that you make your first rent payment 1 month prior to move in. Your first payment would be due on or before July 15th and your next payment would not be due until September 1st.
- When is my first payment due?
- The first payment is due on or before July 15th. All other payments are due on the first of each month. You are always more than welcome to pay in advance or make multiple payments at a time.
- Will you send me a bill each month for rent?
- We do not send invoices for rent. Your payments are listed on the front page of your lease agreement. If you ever have questions about your rent payments, feel free to call our business office at 336-275-2767. We do send email rent reminders to students once a month.